The Department of Public Services and Administration is looking for an administration clerk (Telecom operator), at NWRI Southern Operations branch in Port Elizabeth.
The applicant, who happens to get the job will be given a total salary of R 173 703 per annum, which equals R14 475.25 per month.
Applicants for the post above must comply with the following minimum requirements:
- A Senior/matric certificate.
- Understanding of clerical functions, practices as well as be able to capture data.
- Be able to operate a computer, and to collect and combine administrative 45 statistics.
- Must have basic knowledge of how to analyse and solve problems.
- Must be accountable and ethical or conduct themselves in an ethical manner.
- Be able to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Be able to communicate with people over the phone with respect and consideration and also listen to the other person.
- Be able to communicate in both English and Afrikaans.
- The applicant must be in a position to be able to perform the following duties:
- To operate the switchboard by answering incoming calls and making outgoing calls.
- Handle routine inquiries.
- Must maintain the registry and filing system.
- To ensure that customers are referred promptly and correctly.
- Deleting messages and administering the correct distribution thereof.
- Providing basic information to customers regarding the Department’s services.
Keep the reception area clean and tidy.
- Welcome guests and/or visitors.
- Updating the distribution of the internal telephone directory and keeping a database of other important contact numbers.
- Be able to operate the fax machine.
- Responsible to report faults on the telephone system and liaising
- with service providers in this regard.
- Use the Telephone Management System to monitor telephone accounts, including printing of reports and verifying information.
- Keeping and completing registers relating to their telephone system and fax machine.
- To ensure that every visitor sign in.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must apply by way of email. They should send their applications, quoting the relevant reference number provided to SORecruitment@dws.gov.za.
For enquiries contact: Ms. P Adonis Tel No: (041) 508 9778
For attention contact: Ms. B Gqokoma