Job Vacancy: Cleaner (X2 Posts)
Reference Number: 101123/09
Branch: Water Resource Management
Salary: R125,373 per annum (Level 02)
Centre: Roodeplaat, Resource Quality Information Services
Closing Date: Not specified
Educational Qualifications: An ABET certificate or relevant qualification.
Experience: Cleaning experience in the laboratory will serve as an added advantage.
- Basic knowledge of cleaning principles.
- Basic knowledge of chemical use e.g., dilution/mixing.
- Understanding of cleaning equipment used.
- Knowledge of health and safety requirements.
- Knowledge of record keeping.
- Basic understanding and applying of laboratory safety rules.
- Basic understanding of applying or using chemicals correctly.
- Good communication and interpersonal relations.
- Clean laboratory and equipment.
- Remove all laboratory waste according to procedures.
- Clean glass and plastic ware according to procedures.
- Remove and connect gas cylinders.
- Complete relevant forms to ensure traceability of laboratory activities.
- Stock taking of cleaning materials.
- Requesting cleaning materials as and when needed.
- Clean storerooms, kitchen, offices, corridors, and boardrooms or any other environment allocated for cleaning.
- Emptying waste bins.
- Prepare boardrooms for meetings.
- Arrange crockery, utensils, and cutlery required during meetings.
- Wash and keep stock of crockery, utensils, and cutlery.
- Fill and refill drinking water containers.
- Clean restrooms.
- Refill hand wash liquid and toilet papers.
- Report broken machines and equipment.
Contact Person: Ms J. Lekekiso
Contact Number: (012) 808 9750
Roodeplaat: Please forward your application, quoting the relevant reference number to The Department of Water and Sanitation, Private Bag X350, Pretoria, 0001 or hand deliver to Delta Continental Building, Corner of Visagie and Bosman Street, Pretoria, 0001.
For Attention: Planning, Recruitment and Selection Unit
NOTE: Preference will be given to male candidates.