Administration clerk infrastructure development and maintenance Ref NO: 290121/53
The Department of Public Services and Administration is looking for an Administration clerk at their Chief Operations Office branch, at Mbombela, Mpumalanga.
The successful candidate will be paid R173 703 per annum (Level 05), which equals R14 475.25 on a monthly basis.
Applicants must have the following miminum requirements:
- Matric or Grade 12 certificate.
- Experience in secretarial and general administration matters will serve as an added advantage.
- Be able to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Full knowledge and understanding of MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, with good
- understanding of database systems.
- Basic Financial administration and knowledge of PFMA.
- Basic understanding of Human Resources prescripts.
- A clear understanding of administrative procedures.
- Must be able to work independently; be responsible, self-motivated, and work under pressure.
- Knowledge and understanding of Public Service Legislation
The applicants applying for this job must be capable to perform the following duties
- Giving effective administrative support to the entire sub-directorate.
- Administration of personnel matters.
- Help with financial management and provisioning matters.
- Maintaining the correspondence register by receiving and issuing documents, Compiling and submitting claims for approval, liaise with stakeholders with regards to queries, and dissemination of information.
- Creating logistical arrangements for meetings and workshops.
- Taking and typing of minutes.
- Help in the budget for the sub directorate, obtainment of goods (i.e. processing S&T, petty cash claims / VA2’s/verify Invoices and payment certificates, and maintaining asset register (i.e. pool equipment) and services for the sub-directorate.
- Run diary for the Director.
- Arrange meetings and events for the Director and staff in the unit.
- Make travel arrangements and performing any other office administration related activities and manage the filing system of the sub-directorate.
- Record sheets verification prior to submission for approval.
- Responsible for records management in respect of expenditures.
- Inventory lists for sub-directorate.
- Manage the obtainment of standard items like stationery, etc.
- Keeps up to date with regard to prescripts /policies and procedures applicable to the Director’s work to ensure efficient and effective support to the Director.
HOW TO APPLY
The applicants should apply via email and should, in their applications, qoute the relevant reference number. The email address where applicants should send their applications is MPRecruitment@dws.gov.za.
For enquiries contact: Ms Matiso M Tel No: (013) 759 7330
For attention contact : Ms. Mkhwanazi F.M