DC Inventory Shoprite and Checkers Warehouse Looking For Workers
We are a business with over 142 000 employees, thousands of stores and a network of distribution centres across Africa. We serve local communities with the lowest price promise. Over 24 million people shop in our footprint of more than 2 913 stores every day.
Checkers expands network of Petshop Science stores as SA pet economy grows
Checkers, the first South African supermarket to launch a pet shop, has opened its 10th Petshop Science store in just seven months.
Reference Number SHO211223-4
Job Title DC Inventory Planner
Job Type Permanent
Location – Country South Africa
Location – Province Western Cape
Location – Town or City Brackenfell
Purpose of the Job
The main purpose of a DC Inventory Planner is to manage the Supply Chain by optimizing inventory mix in the DC through effective management of key supplier accounts and product ranges. The Planner also facilitates all product through the supply chain until on the shelf.
Job Advert Details
Job Category Logistics
1. System coordination of supplier accounts optimize most profitable ordering patterns/frequency
2. Item parameter setting and data analysis to enable optimal forecasting results
3. Product lifecycle management
4. Place supplier purchase orders to ensure achieval of inventory and service
5. Maintain service level deliverables
6. Promotional planning and replenishement
7. Forecasting exception management
8. Project Management
9. Data analysis and reporting
• Degree in Supply Chain or relevant (Desirable)
• 2 years experience in the supply chain.
Knowledge and Skills
• Product knowledge will be advantageous.
• Computer Literacy – MS Office, especially Excel – Pivot Tables
• SAP Knowledge is Essential