Our People are called Dynamos…
“A true PEP Dynamo is a loyal, sincere, humble, friendly, helpful, passionate, innovative, committed and hardworking individual who will support his/her team and treat others with dignity and respect – it all comes from the heart. I try to be a true PEP Dynamo making a difference every day by delivering an efficient and friendly service.” – People Support Dynamo
Dynamos greet each other with a Hi5 – “The Hi5 greeting is so infectious that my family and friends now also Hi 5 when we meet.” – Commercial Dynamo
Our Culture is called Sikhula KunYe…
“Sikhula KunYe means growing together and is the name of PEP’s very unique culture. It is a culture of treating everyone with dignity and respect no matter what. In this culture we are serious about having fun at work while being extremely proud of meeting our goals.” – Finance Dynamo
“It’s a culture of caring and supporting but most importantly valuing people and their contributions.” – Supply Chain Dynamo
“PEP encourages us to grow not only in our careers but as
individuals” – Finance Dynamo
Our Dynamos say…
“It feels good to work for a company who makes it possible for most of South African population to dress themselves, every day and for special occasions, and feel good and proud about the way they look.” – Merchandise Dynamo
“I am so grateful to be working for such an amazing company. It is wonderful to be a part of the PEP family. PEP is an innovative and dynamic company, and as a Dynamo, you really have incredible growth opportunity. “ – Merchandise Dynamo
“I see it as a huge blessing to work for such a high performing company that places their customer and their staff at the centre of everything they do. The culture is a crazy contagious one which I absolutely love!” – Marketing Dynamo
At PEP we call ourselves Dynamos – we have FUN, work hard, and take ownership of everything we do. We work in teams to create world-class solutions. Being a Dynamo of PEP means you are dynamic, helpful and believe in making our customers look and feel good.
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Leading a store team to meet business KPIs including driving sales, cost control, mitigating risks and stock loss, administration, and ensuring world-class store standards.
- Increase sales by focusing on customer service and world-class store standards, maintenance of the store image, stock management and promotional implementation
- Stock loss is minimised by having a healthy store culture and following security measures, stock and cash handling procedures.
- Manage cost according to the company low cost culture by driving efficiencies in the store.
- Ensure administrative duties within the store are done according to the company guidelines.
- Leading a dynamic team of Dynamos – taking responsibility for team training, coaching and performance.
- Standards – maintain general health, safety and housekeeping standards.
- Grade 12
- Proficient in English.
- Relevant tertiary education – a degree/diploma in a business/retail related field would be an advantage.
- Ideally 1-2 years experience in a retail environment within a leadership role.
- Computer Literate (Microsoft and/or Google GSuite – will be an advantage).
- A passion for retail is essential to deliver a world-class customer experience.
- Demonstrate integrity and willingness to go the extra mile.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Strong Managerial capabilities – ability to plan, lead, organise and control.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Willing to work retail hours.
CLOSING DATE: 12 January 2022
Could you be our next Store Manager to join the PEP family? Please submit a brief CV of not more than 2 pages. Internal Dynamos should also submit a PEP internal application form with approval from your Leader to :
Carla e-mail: email@example.com
Internal Development Pool Candidates will be given preference.
PEP strives for equal opportunity in terms of Employment Equity guidelines.
If you do not hear from us within 4 weeks of the closing date of this position, please regard your application as being unsuccessful.