General worker Ref NO: 290121/70 (X3 posts)
The Department of Public Services and Administration is looking for three (3) general workers at the NWRI Central Operation branch, Usutu Vaal in Gauteng.
Successful candidates will recieve R102 534 per annum (Level 02), which is
- The people applying for his job(s) or post(s) must have the following minimum requirements:
- Must have passed Grade 9 or have an ABET level 4 certificate.
- Having at least one (1) year of working experience will serve as an added advantage.
- Knowledge and of general work in handling equipment and appliances.
- Knowledge and understanding of working on various general work within water support environment in gardening, cleaning, and general maintenance.
- Understanding and knowledge of Government legislation.
- Conduct routine maintenance to structures and construction work.
- Loading and offloading of equipment on government water scheme.
- Cleaning of government vehicles.
- Cleaning of relevant workstation.
- Performing or conducting maintenance in the garden and other structures e.g. tunnel, turbine hall, valve chambers, cutting grass, trimming of trees, fencing, cleaning, painting, spraying with round-up (chemical) and maintenance on the side of the road.
- To conduct regular inspections on tools and report defaults.
- Performing or conducting of other related duties.
- Comply with Occupational Health and Safety Act.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested parties must apply via email, and must quote the relevant reference number provided in the title in their applications. The email address that must be used is GW@dws.gov.za.
For enquiries contact: Mr DJ Mbokazi Tel No: (017) 712 9429
For attention contact: Mr KL Manganyi